Lemon Chicken & Broccoli Recipe
While there's no cure for osteoarthritis, it's widely acknowledged that the condition's symptoms can be alleviated by tinkering with your diet so that it includes foods with anti-inflammatory properties.
Getting good, healthy food into you is much easier than you think. And the easiest way to do it is to make something that really gets the taste buds going. This Lemon Chicken and Broccoli dish is packed with healthy ingredients while also being melt-in-the-mouth delicious.
Add it to your cooking repertoire and let us know how you get on.
Broccoli is known as a superfood and for good reason; it’s packed with calcium, known for its bone-building and strengthening attributes, is rich in vitamins C and K and contains sulforaphane which can help prevent or slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
Serves: 2 Prep + Cooking Time: 25 Mins
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 200g broccoli (regular or tender stem depending on preference)
- 1 Lemon
- 2 gloves of sliced garlic
- Handful of roasted cashew nuts
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 tbs of cornflour
- 1 tbs of clear honey
- Slice the chicken into thin strips
- Put the sunflower oil to a hot wok
- Add the chicken to the wok and cook for 5-8 minutes until slightly brown
- Remove the chicken from the wok and place the garlic and the broccoli in the wok
- Stir-fry the broccoli and garlic for a couple of minutes, cover and cook for a further two minutes until the broccoli is tender
- Zest half the lemon and juice the whole lemon
- Mix the chicken stock, corn flour and honey together thoroughly and add to the wok
- Put the chicken back in and stir fry altogether for two minutes
- Add the lemon sauce to the wok with the cashew nuts and cook for one minute
- Serve with either noodles or rice - We’ve used brown rice here to make it extra healthy - or simply enjoy it as is.