1. What is FLEXISEQ®?
2. What is the difference between FLEXISEQ® Osteoarthritis, and FLEXISEQ® Active?
3. Which FLEXISEQ® product should I choose?
4. Where can I purchase FLEXISEQ®?
5. How much does FLEXISEQ® cost?
6. What is the reason for the difference in price between FLEXISEQ® and FLEXISEQ® Active?
7. Can FLEXISEQ® products be prescribed by my doctor?
8. What is in the FLEXISEQ® products?
9. How well do the FLEXISEQ® products work?
10. What are the commonly reported side effects?
11. I have experienced a reaction to FLEXISEQ®; should I stop treatment?
12. How should I apply the gel?
13. What should I do if the product is applied incorrectly?
14. How often should I apply FLEXISEQ® products?
15. Can I alter treatment regimen to, say, every second day?
16. What are the differences between FLEXISEQ® and other pain treatments?
17. How well does FLEXISEQ® work compared with other topical products used for the same purpose?
18. How does FLEXISEQ® work?
19. What is the evidence that the Sequessome™ vesicles get into the joint?
20. Do all three products work in the same way?
21. How quickly does FLEXISEQ® work?
22. How long can I use FLEXISEQ® for?
23. What is the longest time that any patient has been treated for with FLEXISEQ®
24. How long does the pain relief last once treatment is stopped?
25. Are FLEXISEQ® products right for me?
26. Can FLEXISEQ® products be used in patients with other disorders such as MS, diabetes?
27. Can FLEXISEQ® be used alongside medications?
28. What is the total number of patients treated with FLEXISEQ®?
29. How have the safety and efficacy of FLEXISEQ® products been studied?
30. Why aren’t there any studies on the hands or other joints?
31. Is FLEXISEQ® as effective on other joints as it is on the knee?
32. Can FLEXISEQ® be used on joints other than the knee?
33. How should I store FLEXISEQ®?
34. I have not received any beneficial effect from these products – why?
35. Can I use body lotions, etc.?
36. Can FLEXISEQ® products be used in pregnancy or breastfeeding?
37. Is it available in all markets in Europe?
38. What is the regulatory status of FLEXISEQ®?
39. What company is marketing FLEXISEQ®?
40. Where is FLEXISEQ® manufactured?
41. Who should I report concerns or product issues to?
42. Please may I have the Summary of Product Characteristics for FLEXISEQ®?
i Kneer W, Seidel EJ, Mazgareanu S, Rother M. J Pain Res 2013;6:743-753
ii Conaghan P, Dickson J, Bolten W, Cevc G, Rother M. Rheumatology 2013 Jul; 52(7):1303-12
iii Rother M, Conaghan PG. J Rheumatology 2013 2013;40:1742-48
iv NICE, 2008. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/CG059 (accessed 27 February 2012).
v McKenzie S, Torkington A. Aust Fam Physician 2010;39(9):622–625.
vi Coxib and Traditional NSAID Trialists’ (CNT) Collaboration. Vascular and upper gastrointestinal effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: meta-analyses of individual participant data from randomised trials. Lancet 2013;pii: Q5 S0140-6736(13)60900-9
vii Fosbøl EL, Gislason GH, Jacobsen S, et al. Risk of myocardial infarction and death associated with the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) among healthy individuals: a nationwide cohort study. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2009;85:190-7
viii Hills BA, Monds MK. Br J Rheumatol 1998;37:143–147.
ix Vecchio P, Thomas R, Hills BA. Surfactant treatment for osteoarthritis. Rheumatology 1999;38:1020−1021
x Yurdakul S, Baverstock N, Mills J. Localisation of fluorescently labelled drug-free phospholipid vesicles to the cartilage surface of rat synovial joints. ICOOMD, London 2015
xi Clinical study report (sponsor code CL-033-III-05). IDEA AG, Frankfurter Ring 197a, 80807 Munich, Germany. 15 December 2008
xii Rother M, Yeoman G, Ekman E. Annual EULAR Congress 2012b Abstract no. EULAR12-3375
xiii National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 2010. Osteoarthritis. Available at: www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/osteoarthritis/ (accessed 27 February 2012).
xiv Kneer W, et al. Curr Drug Saf 2009;4:5–10.